Thursday, May 01, 2008

Unfinished. Written 5/1/08.

O sweet Lord, that You would call me dear.
O dear Lord, that You would call me sweet!
Who shall stand in the Lord's holy presence?
He who has clean hands and a pure heart.
O precious Lord, wash my bloodstained hands!
Capture my wandering heart.
Make it as a twin to Your own.
Lift up your head, O gate of my soul;
Be lifted up, O door of my heart;
May the King of Glory enter here!
May all else fall away.
Though my mind may fail and my sight grow dim
The Lord God of hosts,
The Lord, strong and mighty,
The Lord, King of Glory,
He is my strength and my portion forever.
He has heard my cry, therefore I will hope in Him.
My soul will yet praise Him, my savior and my God.
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
Amen.

No comments: